- England set very different fields this morning, with no silly point; and Taylor standing up to the quicks. There is only one possible explanation for this: Lottie reads my blog!
- Holly Ferling is basically the same bowler she was at the World Cup. Her radar is all over the place (and had the Barmy Army singing a re-working of the Mitchel Johnson song - She bowls to the left... etc.) but when she hits the target: BOOM!
- Was it just my imagination, or was Lottie distinctly unimpressed at being given out LBW to the upstart Ferling? Her reaction bordered on dissent, and it wasn't pretty.
- If Laura Marsh was selected over Holly Colvin for her batting... it was a good call!
- This was obviously Australia's day. Again. But Heather Knight has brought her brilliant county form with her to this series and all is not lost - a draw is still possible; even if a win is probably not.
Monday, 12 August 2013
Women's Ashes Test - Day 2
A few (mostly Anglo-centric) random thoughts on the second day: