Wednesday 14 August 2013

Women's Ashes Test - Day 4

Random thoughts on the final day:
  • I couldn't be at Wormsley today, so I had the pleasure of following the game via Charles Dagnall, Alison Mitchel & Co. on Test Match Special. And what a pleasure it was! (Once they'd turned-down the "Trump Mic"!!) I'll be at Lords for the first ODI next week; but I look forward to joining "Team TMS" again at Hove for the second and third ODIs.
  • Following up on the Four or Five Day Tests? debate, I'm really not sure that it would have made any difference. Australia would have batted long into the fifth day to make the game safe; and while England might have had to survive two sessions rather than one, I suspect they would still have done so.
  • Heather Knight was rightly Man-of-the-Match, but I hope she shared some of her champagne with Laura Marsh! Heather scored the 150, but without Laura's support, she would have been left high-and-dry on 70-odd Not Out at around-about tea time on day two; and the team would now be 6-0 down in the series.
  • For better or worse, a draw is actually the best result for the fans - the rest of the series could have been a dead rubber by mid-way through next week; but now we've got some big, BIG ODIs to look forward to - BRING IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.